IF YOUR PHONE GETS LOST/STOLEN:
MOBILE PHONES ARE BEEN ROBBED REGULARLY AGAIN!
Gardai have advised us to tell our community that if your phone is stolen to report it to your provider so they can lock your phone.*#06#is the code to identify your mobile phone device IEMI Number .
Your provider will need this number to lock the phone from the thief.
WHAT TO DO:
IF YOU NOTICE SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY IN THE AREA CONTACT THE LOCAL GARDA STATION @053/9430690
An Garda Síochána highlight the issue of Home Security, focusing on houses advertised for Sale and Vacant Premises.
Conduct frequent checks of the property at different times of the day to note any signs of trespassing or interference.
2. Install a burglar alarm and set it.
3. Secure all doors and windows with deadbolt locks.
4. Install timers on internal lights and motion detectors on external lights to make the house appear occupied and offer natural surveillance of the property.
5. Ensure that the building doesn’t look neglected. Cut the grass and hedges regularly.
6. Remove rubbish from inside the building and around the perimeter.
7. Report any suspicious activity to the local Gardaí.
8. Inform the local Garda station about the premises being vacant to afford passing attention on patrols.
9. Put measures in place to protect empty buildings against arson, theft and vandalism.
10. Avoid the build up of post and unsolicited mail by arranging ‘mail minder’ service with An Post to retain post for collection and place a ‘No Junk Mail’ sign on letter-box.