CODE OF CONDUCT BALLYCANEW BALLYOUGHTER COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION
To abide by all applicable laws, statutory & voluntary codes and regulations including:
- The Charities Act 2009
- The Companies Act 2014
- Data Protection Act 1998 & 2003
- Guidelines for Charitable Organisations Fundraising from the Public as issued by the Charities Regulator
- Charities Institute Ireland Fundraising Codes of Good Practice VII. Code of Practice for Face to Face Fundraising
- To maintain the highest levels of good governance, best practice fundraising, transparent financial reporting and support the development of these three industry standards
- To provide a safe working environment for staff and volunteers.
- To present charitable services honestly without misrepresentation.
- To respect all intellectual property rights.
- To provide fair and responsive service to donors and beneficiaries in accordance to the organisation’s charitable purpose.
- To refrain from discriminatory practices.
- To share knowledge, expertise and skills to advance the sector while respecting the confidentiality of donors, beneficiaries and associates.
- To support the membership association by taking an active role in Charities Institute Ireland activities and promoting the association to the sector.
This Code of Conduct is a guideline and does not represent the entire scope of good conduct and ethical behaviour. Acceptance of and adherence to this Code is a condition of membership